What You Get
- $944 in free Southwest Airlines flights with the sign up bonus
How It Works
- Southwest Airlines ties the points needed to the cost of the flight. The cheaper the flight, the fewer the points.
- One Rapid Rewards points is worth about 1.6 cents on average (Ex: 59,000 points = $944 in free flights)
- The Chase Sapphire Preferred comes with a 50,000 point sign up bonus after spending $4,000. Plus it comes with 5,000 additional points if you add an authorized user who makes at least one purchase (59,000 total). These points can be transferred directly to Southwest Airlines and 10 other travel partners.
How To Do It
- Apply for the Chase Sapphire Preferred
- After spending $4,000 in the first three months and adding an authorized user, you’ll receive 59,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards.
- Log into www.southwest.com and search the flight you need selecting points instead of dollars for your search option.
- Consider selecting the “Flexible Dates” button to potentially save points by flying on different days.
- Log into your Chase account. Go to Ultimate Rewards. Then follow the prompts to transfer points to your Southwest Airlines Rapids Rewards account.
Why You Should Do It
The Southwest Airlines frequent flier program, Rapid Rewards, is honestly the most lucrative you’ll find for flights to Disney World or Disneyland. That is, unless you don’t live by an airport Southwest uses. You can get round trip flights from Dallas to Orlando for 6,000 points. Flights from Chicago to Orlando and Seattle to Orange County on our sample bookings were 7,000 and 11,000 points respectively. That’s crazy!!! If you’re used to paying 25,000 points for round trip flight with other carriers, you might have just soiled your pants. Of course, these are close to optimal scenarios we’ve highlighted, but there were solid options for each of these cities every month we checked for 15,000 points or less.
(Sample bookings with round trip flights of 6,000-11,000 points)
If you want to learn more about this card, take a look at our Chase Sapphire Preferred Review, which includes details about the card perks, sign up bonus, annual fee and more.